- For large icons on the left of the screen, see Symptom.
Status effects are temporary buffs/debuffs or effects that are applied to a player or infected. Effects will show on the top right of the screen, although some are hidden unless you have your profile open or visit a campfire.
You can gain effects in the following ways:
- Items (via combo, passive, parry, etc)
- Environment (such as walking through oil or electricity)
- By opponent
- Low Food/Water
Status effects gained by eating will disappear once you die or visit a big enough campfire.
Some effects don't have icons as the happen right away or don't affect the player (or some are just currently not in the game).
|1||Vomit||Only the puker infected can give this effect.|
|78||Bonus received heal|
|92||Shared life leech|
|97||Crowd controls resist|
|99||Bonus damages on stunned targets|
|100||Bonus damages on slowed targets|
|4||Frozen||Can only be applied by combining wet + chilled|
Special item "effects"Edit
Since some item "effects" aren't really effects, there are a few effects that have a specific function instead of an effect.
- #80 - Learn skill: - Used by the old skill book item
- #82 - Discovers a new zone - Used by the old map item
- #83 - Indicates the direction of an objective - Used by compass
- #85 - Blue print - Used by the old blueprint item